The following information along with supplemental information can be found by clicking here.
Scroll down to see description.
The Assisting Clergy at Trinity Anglican Church will assist in the ongoing operation and general ministry of Trinity, and oversee some specific and independent ministry areas. As noted below, the Assisting Clergy should be ordained or in the process toward ordination to the priesthood. The position includes competitive compensation and benefits and is tentatively scheduled to begin as soon as possible.
As members of the Anglican Church in North America (ACNA), we believe in the historic Creeds of the Church and subscribe to the Articles of Religion. We are looking for someone who likewise stands in the stream of historic Anglicanism.
Trinity has recently finished the first phase of new construction (Fellowship Hall and Christian Education Building) and have begun the second phase (Administration Building). We are situated at the entrance of a new and rapidly growing planned development and have been experiencing steady growth since occupying our new facilities in April 2017. In an effort to establish ourselves in our new neighborhood, we run a full-day preschool with a current enrollment of over eighty children, with a waiting list. We are a multigenerational congregation who values learning from each other.
We are members of the Diocese of San Joaquin under the leadership of Bishop Eric Menees. The clergy of our diocese are excited about the opportunities that God is opening for us in the Central Valley of California and have a wonderful spirit of cooperation for the gospel. Bakersfield is in the southern end of the valley and is known as a center of agriculture and petroleum. With a population of just under 400,000 people, there is much to do in-town as well as in the nearby mountains, central coast, and Los Angeles metroplex. Residents appreciate Bakersfield as a friendly town and a wonderful place to raise a family.
Our Mission is to Grow as Disciples of Jesus Christ through Worship, Learning, Fellowship and Outreach. We have a specific desire to see widespread change in Bakersfield and Kern County by intentionally ministering to marriages and youth. We believe that lasting change will be a result of healthy transformational discipleship in marriages and families. The Rector is passionate about discipleship and completed a doctoral program at Talbot (Biola) in the area of discipleship.
The Assistant would, in general, assist the Rector in implementing the parish mission. This would include tasks assigned at the Rector’s discretion, acting as a sounding board and conversation partner for the Rector with regard to various aspects of planning and implementation, and weekly mentoring, prayer and planning with the Rector.
The Assistant must:
• Have a confident faith in Jesus Christ and an ability to joyfully share that relationship with others.
• Be ordained within the Anglican Communion or on track/willing to be.
• Have a willingness and desire to be mentored by the Rector.
• Be a “people person,” a “team builder” and a “self-starter” with a good work ethic.
• Have a positive personality and ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Have a willingness to make a commitment of at least two years of service to Trinity.
Anyone interested in applying should send the following to The Rev. Karl E. Dietze at email@example.com.
• A cover letter stating why you think you would be a good candidate for this position.
• A resume (no more than two pages, please).
• Electronic copies or links to two sermons.
• Three personal references who are able to speak to your love of Jesus and ministry skills.
• Brief answers to the following: